Friday, June 15, 2012

30 Days of Film - Day 15.



15. A character who you can relate to the most

It's hard to name a single character from the brilliant cast of college-aged friends in Rang De Basanti that I relate to the most. I think they all have these aspects of what being young, sometimes brave, sometimes completely uncertain, sometimes comfortable with yourself and at times unsure of who you really are and what your true potential is. Plus the role that friendship plays in their lives is something I relate to so much - my friends really are a second family of sorts, sharing joys and burdens, and shaping my view of the world constantly. 

No small wonder that the film caught on in such a huge way with the young audiences in India; the characters are extremely relatable, and so real and well-written to boot. So I can't name only one of them - it has to be a combination of them.

No comments: